The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at affordable prices . We are part of IKEA Al-Homaizi Limited, operating in three countries - Kuwait, Jordan, and Morocco.
Our keywords are Home, People, Happiness, Development, Leadership, Inclusion & Diversity, All with Passion!
Join us to bridge your dreams and unique ideas within an organization that believes in People !Job description
If you can bring objects to life in a fast-moving retail environment, we’d love to see your magic.
About the job
As a part of the store visual merchandise/activity team you use your extensive knowledge of people’s life at home and your high level of home furnishing competence to present and communicate the IKEA product range in ways that make it attractive and relevant to your local market. You also support customer self-choice in the IKEA store and the IKEA mechanical sales system.
A day in your life with us
- Contributing to positioning the IKEA store as the first choice for home furnishing in your local market.
- Providing home furnishing solutions for a single product or a combination of products to improve people’s life at home.
- Demonstrating the uniqueness of the IKEA product range through your visual merchandising competence and display techniques in different store media and activity areas to distance us from the competition.
- Constantly showing new and inspiring home furnishing solutions that motivate people to visit the IKEA store more frequently.
- Securing the use of the store layout to create a good product overview and strong visual impact that facilitates the buying process.
- Support in creating inspiring range presentation solutions that reflect life at home activities with seasonal relevance connected to the commercial activities.
- Challenge the teams to improve their knowledge of people's life at home, gather insights from gathered intelligence and translate this knowledge into creative, aesthetic and commercial home furnishing solutions that exceed customer expectations.
- Actively support the development of the country business plan, contribute in delivering the department action plan and ensure that all store design initiatives are focused in order to grow our business and support sustained long-term profitability.
- Contribute with deep knowledge and competence of working with commercial activities and vitality throughout the store, including taking fast action on commercial opportunities when they arise and understanding the impact these actions will have on the financial results.
- Actively contribute in the global Visual Merchandising Leaders network and share global directions and tools in the stores.
- Coach and support in using global tools, proven solutions, best practices and when needed make the global solutions locally relevant. This will guarantee high quality, simplicity and efficiency.
- Ensure up-to-date knowledge about life at home activities, retail and trends in order to support workshops and generate creative directions that inspire and surprise visitors through a strong visual impression.
- Higher education in visual merchandising, industrial design or art.
- A deep passion, curiosity and understanding of home furnishing and people’s everyday life at home.
- Creative thinking supported by commercial visual competence and a keen eye for aesthetics.
- Actively seeking new and improved ways of working simply and cost-efficiently.
- A practical hands-on approach to working in a fast-paced retail environment.
- Significant experience of working with vitality, commercial activities.
- Proven success in managing, inspiring, leading and developing people and creative processes.
- Proven customer-focused mindset.
- Demonstrate clear communication and coaching skills, i.e. the ability to explain verbally concepts and visual interpretation.
- Proven ability to prioritise and organise work and the work of others in order to make the most efficient use of time available and meet agreed goals and deadlines.
- Communicate confidently and clearly in English.
- Experience of problem solving.
A few more details for you
This position is full-time and is located in Kuwait. Some travel may be required.
Please send your CV in English and tell us why you would be a good fit for this role.