Come help us create a better everyday life for the many people. That’s the IKEA vision. We do that by offering a wide range of home furnishings with good design and function at prices so low that as many people will be able to afford them.Job description
1. Purpose of the Job:
Be a strong contributor to the brand team, by leading and managing all IKEA Corporate / noncommercial brand communications internally and externally and become the custodian of the corporate brand. This involves securing an ongoing flow of communication & engagement both internally & externally with the various stakeholders
The IKEA corporate communication team covers areas such as Internal Communication and Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Defining and implementing the IKEA KSA & Bahrain Corporate communication strategy across all channels Integrated marketing communications strategy across all channels
- Streamline communication activities with clear mandate
- Plan and execute corporate events, corporate, CSR and internal campaigns
- Ensuring the necessary resources, processes and ways of working
- Managing and developing people (competence and succession)
- Managing the corporate communications budget, setting up clear performance management metrics
- Maintaining high quality of brand perception and alignment of activities and messages with marketing team and operating units
- Leading and managing PR, corporate and internal initiatives as stand alone or in support of commercial plans
- Ensure consistent IKEA tone of voice across all communications, in both Arabic and English
- Work on other tasks and projects as assigned that will contribute to the development of IKEA brand (i.e. global, country or local initiatives).
Corporate Social Responsibility:
- Defining and implementing the IKEA KSA & Bahrain CSR roadmap
- We work together with social entrepreneurs to create new ways of innovation and creating new business opportunities.
- Manage and execute all CSR initiatives by leading a cross functional project team
- Work closely with regional & global team to develop the IKEA KSA & Bahrain CSR Road map
- Develop an outreach program along with the people team to ensure the sharing of knowledge
- At least 5 years of solid media relations / communications experience, past PR agency experience is a plus.
- Bachelor degree in a related field
- Track record of managing and delivering high impact PR campaigns and handling challenging and complex technical matters and sensitive issues.
- Strong network of relevant journalist and industry contacts.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills, and proven ability to plan, manage and deliver projects.
- Strong stakeholder-management skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Proven ability using digital and social media as effective media relations tools.
- Bilingual in Arabic and English.