Vagas > Automation & Design Developer - Supply Chain Development
Descrição da vaga
Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing and food products at prices so low that as many people as possible will be able to afford them.
The Inter IKEA Group is a part of Inter IKEA Systems B.V., owner of the IKEA Concept and worldwide IKEA franchisor.
IKEA Supply is part of IKEA Range & Supply and is responsible for securing that the product offer is produced and delivered to our customers. We lead the supply agenda across many functions and work together with all business areas, different business units, but also retail markets to secure customer availability in all markets and sales channels at lowest total cost.
IKEA Purchasing and Logistics Services US Inc. is part of our Purchasing and Logistics Area Americas which also has an office in Curitiba, Brazil and King of Prussia, PA, USA, and is a subsidiary of the Inter IKEA Group.
**Please note that we are accepting applicants that are interested in our King of Prussia, PA and Dortmund, Germany locations.
About the job...
As an Automation & Design Developer, you´re responsible for the execution of automation & design tasks in intralogistics projects. You will also develop layouts and designs, perform analysis of existing layouts and provide guidance for improvements of intralogistics systems and solutions. You are responsible for performing tender processes and provide input on contract management and you are an expert for all automation & design related requests. Moreover, you are responsible for the performance of project based business analysis, risk assessments, scenario planning and to draw conclusions to support the right business decisions for automation and design within Intralogistics and secure component development as part of the component based planning process.
About the assignment...
As the Automation & Design Developer, you will among other tasks:
- Develop Intralogistics business requirements and specifications related to automation and design components
- Perform data analytics, data collection and as-is analysis as part of Intralogistics projects or reviews
- Perform Material and Goods flow simulation/analysis as part of Intralogistics projects or reviews
- Execute the planning and design of Intralogistics concepts and components
- Verify technical components and their commissioning as part of Intralogistics projects or reviews
- Perform the tendering of automation (including the vendor selection)
- Support On-Site Commissioning teams in the implementation of the Intralogistics Set Up for intralogistics units
- Responsible to keep relevant IKEA standards updated aligned to relevant regulations
- Responsible for verification of built Intralogistics equipment according to specified standards and relevant regulations
- International travel is required
You have a strong interest in Supply Chain and Intralogistics as well as in technology, digitalization, automation and robotics. You have a passion for planning and leading in a global assignment and to drive and develop the business and yourself to deliver excellent results. Moreover, you have a desire to collaborate and interact with various stakeholders.
We also see that you have:
- Strong knowledge of Intralogistics and engineering concepts
- Deep knowledge in dimensioning, planning, layout, and design for a fulfilment unit.
- Basic understanding of Warehouse Management Systems and Material flow Control Systems
- Good understanding of how your everyday work adds customer value by delivering result
- Good skills in MS Office
- Good skills in AutoCad preferred
- Fluent in English both written and verbal
- University degree within engineering and/or logistics and relevant work experience
- A passion for structure and detail, combined with an ability to see the big picture
At IKEA, we value diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are committed to providing coworkers with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We encourage individualism and invite you to come join our team and be yourself with us!
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristic protected by law. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to learn more about current opportunities? Come say Hej (hello in Swedish) here: https://about.ikea.com/en/work-with-us