The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Philippines – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.Job description
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
ABOUT THE JOB
Responsible as part of the goods flow team for the completion of goods flow processes in the most efficient, commercial and safest way possible. Develop and use knowledge and experience of IKEA operations, including the IKEA tools and expertise of colleagues in the goods flow team to achieve the highest level of availability of products in good condition at the lowest total cost.
- Contribute to the highest goods availability for our customers, using the correct and on-time execution of the assigned goods flow working methods.
- Perform effectively the store goods flow operation tasks in the assigned area, using the available systems and tools that support an efficient goods flow process and data integrity.
- Responsible for own development but using the existing competence development tools and resources provided.
- Work according to the inventory routine, in order to maximize stock accuracy and achieve product availability for the customers.
- Live the IKEA values and nurture a strong and thriving IKEA culture that inspires colleagues to reach extraordinary achievements in the store and especially in the goods flow team.
- Commit to all IKEA health, safety and security rules and requirements within area of responsibility, and actively help colleagues to prevent any incidents involving co-workers, visitors, customers, equipment, building and IKEA products.
- Contribute daily to the agreed goals of the action plan, as well as being involved in the goal setting process.
- Contribute to an optimized daily goods flow operation within the assigned goods flow processes by working in a lean, simple and cost-conscious way using and sharing good examples.
- Take responsibility in lowering environmental impact and contribute to achieving long-term profitability in a sustainable way.
- Share knowledge, and support colleagues in the department and other areas of the store when required.
- Understand Safety in Goods Handling (SiGH) the SOP's for goods flow process.
- Contribute to a well-executed replenishment completed by store opening.
- Contribute to an efficient goods flow operation.
- Knowledgeable in stock accuracy contributes to the customer shopping experience.
- Understand commercial merchandising and how it impacts the customer experience.
- Know how to contribute to decreased number of internal damages.
- Driven towards key performance indicators (KPIs) and the goals for goods flow operations.
- Understand how a neat and clean sales locations supports a good shopping experience.
- Knowledge to sort waste from the daily operations, in a way that as less as possible goes to landfill.
- Computer literate and well-versed in Bahasa Malaysia and English.
Please apply by 10 May 2022