Why we will love you
We will love you for your openness and willingness to meet our customer! We have high expectations of our co-workers and you can expect to be delegated a big reasonability. You thrive in meeting our customer with a smile and positive attitude, you flourish in a busy work environment with a lot of customers and colleagues around. You have an eye for details to make sure the store always looks inviting. Furthermore, you should be prepared to sometimes do physical hard labor.
We believe that we, with our different backgrounds and competences, can reach even further – common for us all is that we thrive to create a better everyday life for the many people.
What you'll be doing day to day
At IKEA we offer a variety of jobs and maybe there is one that suits you:
Sales: We are divided into three main areas; Showroom, home accessories and Tá selv lageret. Common to all three areas is that we guide and advise our customers, so that they come home with exactly the product that makes their everyday life better.
We therefore emphasize that you:
• Have experience with sales and customer service, possibly experience from furniture sales or other types of consideration purchases
• Thrive on guiding customers in a busy everyday life, are motivated by active sales and creating a good shopping experience
• Take responsibility for prioritizing your own work tasks so that time is utilized most efficiently
• Are able to approach tasks with a structured and goal-oriented mind
• Have a good physique and thrive on physically hard work
• Can speak Danish.
Customer service: Here we always have the customer in mind, regardless of whether we are in the checkout, småland, handout or return department. We have a daily dialogue with many different customers, for which we make sure that all customers have a good experience and leave the store with a smile on their face.
We therefore emphasize that you:
• Are outgoing with a positive energy and can put yourself in the customers' place - even in pressured situations
• Can keep calm and collective and communicate clearly with our customers
• Thrive with routines, are thorough and have an eye for detail
• Have a good physique and thrives with physically hard work
• Are good at numbers, IT and a skilled problem solver
• Can speak Danish.
IKEA FOOD: The food at IKEA must always be of good quality. We pride ourselves on the food that we serve in the restaurant and bistro always is perceived as inspiring and delicious – at a reasonable price. We meet our customers every day at the checkout or serving station, we prepare both hot and cold dishes and make sure that our customers always have clean service to eat from.
We favor that you:
• Have experience from the restaurant-, fast-food- or retail business
• Thrive in a physical hard job
• Can meet our customers with a positive attitude in a busy work environment
• Are motivated by teamwork and reaching our goals as a team
• Have a sense of order and understand the importance of complying with various standards in restaurant operation.
LOGISTIC: We work primarily at night and in the early morning hours, where we ensure to restock the shelfs with goods in our store. As a logistic co-worker you play a big part in our sales figures and customer experience. You help our customers not to go in vain when they are buying new furniture or accessories for their home. We have a busy work environment and a strict deadline - the store opening.
We prefer that you:
• Have experience as warehouse co-worker and/or hard manual labor in a fast-paced and changeable environment
• Thrive with shifting work hours – including working at night
• Are motivated by prioritizing and organizing your own work to make efficient use of time
• Are good at communicating in English and enthusiastic about working in a team
• Have a license for operating forklift trucks or the desire to require one.
Together as a Team
If you are looking for a place with good colleagues and a strong unity, there is room for you at IKEA. Together we work to fulfill the interior design dreams and create a better everyday life for the many people who visit us every day. Here you can both start your career and gain study-relevant experience. You will gain knowledge on how a large international company operates, and there is room for your strengths and for you to develop your career. We help each other, and together we create the good atmosphere in IKEA. Here there is room for those who are focused and those who love to change plans. There is room for you.
Questions and support? Let's connect!
If you have any questions, please email us on email@example.com. Please notice that we do not receive application via E-mail but only through our recruitment portal.
WHAT ELSE TO EXPECT
With a part-time job at IKEA your working hours will primarily be planed for the evenings at weekdays and every other weekend (Logistic as an exception).
In a full-time job your working hours will be planned in and around the opening hours of the store. You can expect to work 1-2 evenings pr. week and every other weekend.
You will be able to provide your inputs for your coming work schedule and will know you work schedule for 16 weeks at a time. With a job at IKEA follows a list of benefits such as:
• Pension and health insurance
• Co-worker discount
• Bonus programme etc.
We offer a salary within union agreement with HK (IKEA Food follows the union agreement with 3F cafeteria), and we will provide you with work clothes and safety shoes. We process incoming applications ongoing.